Saturday, September 12, 2009

TGI Friday's Fan Woody Facebook campaign

Dare I say I was actually watching television last nite (crazy I know). Anyways, during the 10 mins I was watching it, the commercial for the new TGI Friday's Facebook campaign, Fan Woody, came up. Sure this has been done before, but this one, unlike another *cough cough Angry Whopper* seems far less offensive. It had a guy named Woody who bet Friday's that if he could get 500,000 fans by September 30th, everyone would get a free Whopper, I mean, Jack Daniels Burger. Personally, it's my favorite thing to order from there, so why wouldn't I sign up? Regardless, if they don't get 500,000, everyone wins a $5 off coupon just for signing up. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

We did a similar campaign during my internship for a restaurant called Spaghetti Warehouse. Getting people to further their connection through Facebook is an important challenge that has strong benefits to be sought after. When done correctly, it can be a powerful ally.

For more information, go to the Facebook site here: http://facebook.com/fanwoody

PS: Does this remind anyone else of the "Dude, your gettin a Dell" guy at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment