Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bustin' makes me feel good


Watch Ghostbusters - The Video Game in Gaming | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

So over spring break, I decided I would tour various agencies and hold interviews, whether informational or for a potential internship. Often I was asked, "What is your favorite brand and why?" I always gave a canned answer, usually talking about Nike and how well I thought they've branded themselves. Yeah, I know, lame right? Well, it wasn't until later that it really dawned on me. It's something I've cared about for years, so next time this question is asked to me, 'Who ya gonna call?" That's right, it's the Ghostbusters.

It began as just a movie, then soon became a cultural phenomenon. As a kid I owned all the toys, and watched the cartoons. Even moving into my middle school years I stayed loyal to the "Extreme Ghostbusters." Moving into the franchise's 25th anniversary, it is more prevalent than ever that this is not just another movie brand, but one that can stand tall on it's own. This is a great year to be a Ghostbusters fan, from the new videogame (trailer posted), to the blurays, to the action figures and the minimates scheduled to come out. I may be a nerd for saying so, but the Ghostbusters, is in fact my all-time favorite brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment