Monday, March 30, 2009

A look into the toybox

Years ago, I created a quote that drives my curiosity and imagination: "The mind is a toy; play with it." If I have learned anything from cartoons such as "Rugrats" or "The Muppet Babies," it's that there is no limitation to what you can think of or do. If you can think it, you can make it happen. It's this fundamental belief that drives me to be an ad man. This blog will chronical all the various things I stumble upon that help encourage my ever-hungry imagination.

I was recently reading an interesting post from pleasefeedthenaimals.com. It was about a column Edward Boches, chief creative officer of Mullen, had written about how college graduates should differentiate themselves from the competition. On it was the usage of social media.

Here is the article, and I suggest anyone in the same position to read it: http://edwardboches.com/home/2009/2/15/10-job-hunting-tips-for-this-years-graduating-class.html

In this day and age it is important to be as conversational as possible. (Ugh, i've even decided to use Twitter, oh how i loathe you. But that's another story for another day). I've read numerous blogs, but never decided to do one of my own. So here it goes my insights and thoughts on things related to advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment