Monday, April 20, 2009

My Name is Jerry

I am helping promote an independent movie that was shot on campus and is called "My Name is Jerry." The film stars alumni Doug Jones, who was the Silver Surfer in the last "Fantastic Four" movie, as well as Pan in "Pan's Labyrinth." It's a really cool story about a 40-year old door-to-door salesman in need of a dire change. All he can usually get out is the first line to his pitch, "Hello, My Name is Jerry" before the door is abruptly shut in his face. Jerry ends up befriending a younger girl in a punk band and he begins to reinvent himself. The movie has a really deep story and will feature a lot of great music in it also. This will be a great movie for anyone who feels they are in a rut, which I know I've felt from time to time.

This said, we've worked hard this semester coming up with various assets. We don't have a budget, and collaborating as students and coming up with free ways to advertise has proven to be a grueling task, but, we're trying. It's been...interesting to say the least. The teaser has just been released. It can be viewed at http://www.mynameisjerry.com/teaser/ . Please check out the site and leave me some comments and feedback about your thoughts and reactions. You can even buy a shirt if you want. Thanks guys, I appreciate the input!

No comments:

Post a Comment