Thursday, April 23, 2009

Twintern!?!?

Earlier this morning I received an email about a potential internship opportunity through Pizza Hut. While I already have one lined up, I figured I'd open it to see what it was about.

Job title: Summer Twintern
Job title, translated: A summer intern who uses Twitter
Salary: Competitive (with other Twitterers)

What is this? Even on the job title in the posting, it read "Twintern." Not only does this sound hokey and unprofessional, they had to translate the job title. And a competitive salary with other Twitterers? Isn't that free social media?

Anyone who knows me knows don't like Twitter (I don't care if you took a poop at 5:42). Hey, Alex Bogusky doesn't like it either. I can however see how many different opportunities it can be used for with marketing purposes, such as promoting a blog. Pizza Hut's over all reasoning was really solid, learning from the Domino's disaster, and doing something to protect themselves.

"The Twintern must also play social-media defense, monitoring Twitter for any mentions of the brand and alerting superiors whenever anything negative about the Hut is being said. (Applicants should study last week's YouTube gross-out video posted by Domino's employees, which was quickly passed around Twitter, to understand why.)"

Ace job Pizza Hut.

However, I must disagree with this: The successful applicant will speak fluent OMG and LOL and correctly use the terms DM (direct message), RT (retweet) and # (hashtag).

OMG LOL ROFLMAO...Do I get the job?

No comments:

Post a Comment