Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sell Sell Sell!

Today in our case studies class, two alums came to speak to us in class. Again, the topic of branding ourselves came up. If you can't sell yourself, what makes companies think you can sell their product? It's time to look deep into yourself and find out what sets you apart from everyone else. So what if you're hard working, or creative, or even driven? So are the other hundred applicants. What really makes you tick? What is the strange unique force that drives you to be you? I know it's not easy, I'm still trying to figure out the answer. I know I'm not the greatest at self-inflection that's for sure. However, it is this discovery that will pay off in the end and help you get a job.

As it turns out, it's really inexpensive to find fun interesting ways to sell yourself. One website for cd covers and cases is 5inch.com. I also found an awesome site called Nexcard that lets you design your own business cards for relatively cheap. The style I want will be about $75 for 200 cards. I'm working on the design, but it's proving harder than I thought. Here's what I have so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment