Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Set to Stun


"I'm not a scientist, Jim." But I do believe there are many movies coming out this summer that I am pumped for. One that is near is Star Trek. While I'm not a Trekkie, I do enjoy the shows and movies. Oh the classic debate, Jean Luc Picard or James Tiberius Kirk? (Feel free to debate on the comments board). But, along with the movie comes some cool promotions, one of which is a co-op campaign with Rock Band. A team of 3 or 4 can enter the Star Trek Ultimate Battle of the Bands Rock the Galaxy contest. The winning band will receive a hometown screening of the film. There's also a futuristic avatar contest which contestants can win cool Star Trek themed Rock Band stuff. Well, contests are cool, but even better, according to AdAge they are introucing a daily 15-track giveaway to coincide with the Battle of the Bands. (I doubt it's 15 a day, but maybe 15 tracks total. Either way, I love new songs to play). So get pumped and charged, because May 8th is fast approaching.

Full Trailer:


Awesome Throwback:

3 comments:

  1. Jean Luc by far. Talk about a genious and a bad Mo Fo. I wanna see James T. Kirk quote philosophy while whoppin some dudes Ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirk all the way! When has Picard ever had you name your own price and save?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I like both their styles. Kirk fought w/ his fist and good looks (always losing his shirt). then Picard fought with his intelligence. Though Kirk never went borg...

    ReplyDelete